The Technical Writer will be a part of a product development team. The Technical Writer's primary responsibilities will be to research, develop, and write documentation for a technical audience, documenting business scenarios, FAQs, and installation instructions. The Writer must possess a solid understanding of HTML and Markdown. The writer will work with the Documentation Manager and other writers to define writing assignments.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Create documentation plans
- Research, develop, and write documentation for a technical audience
- Document business scenarios with accompanying examples
- Develop troubleshooting information
- Develop FAQs
- Develop training tutorials including samples in Java, XML, DB
- Work closely with development, customer support, product management, and various other teams to develop high-quality documentation for a targeted audience.
- Draft, edit, and publish content for multiple deliverables, including online help, system messages, FAQs release notes, and administrator support.
- Maintain content for and manage multiple projects simultaneously, learn the products, meet documentation deadlines and work independently with minimal supervision, and work as an integral part of the product team.
- Engage in continuous process improvements in content streamlining, information architecture with other team members and SMEs.
- BS/BA or Certificate in Technical Communication or BS in Computer Science
- Technical writing experience, preferably in enterprise-level software organization
- Experience in developing content in DITA and HTML in compliance with the requirements for minimalistic writing and content reuse.
- Experience in developing content in Adobe Captivate.
- Experience using Help authoring tools, version control software, screen capture, and tutorial creation software
- Demonstrated ability to assimilate technically complex information and to write clearly. Must have flexibility, the ability to manage priorities, familiarity with traditional and Agile software development life cycles, and the ability to interact with all levels within the development organization.
- Ability to handle multi-tasking and workflow disruptions, working as a team member as well as independently.
- Able to work well under deadline pressure and have an aptitude for learning new tools and technologies quickly
- Able to follow instructions and to oversee or modify a schedule of tasks with minimal supervision
- Excellent judgment, time management and decision-making skills
- Must be able to provide writing samples
How to Apply?
Send us a note on firstname.lastname@example.org with your latest resume.