As a leader of our engineering team, here is what we’ll be looking for you to bring –
- A shared passion for all things data. You know how data and insights can help enterprises and are excited to be creating products to do just that
- Hands-on engineering leadership
- Proven track record of recruiting, retaining and growing high performing engineering teams
- Proven track record of innovation and expertise in Data Engineering
- Deep understanding and application of modern data processing technology stacks
- Deep understanding of streaming data architectures and technologies for real-time and low-latency data processing
- Understanding of architecting solutions for data science and analytics such as productionizing machine learning models and collaborating with data scientists
- Understanding of agile development methods including core values, guiding principles, and key agile practices
- Understanding of the theory and application of Continuous Integration/Delivery
Strong stakeholder management and interaction experience at different levels
- Modern performance/team management practices to keep the team motivated and aligned with company goals
- An alignment with the TMDC's core values – humility, transparency, accountability and empathy
Here’s what you’ll do –
- Be the Engineering Leader. Develop modern data architectural approaches and drive the team to meet key business objectives and provide end to end data solutions
- Ensure there is structure and predictability to delivering high-quality products by leveraging the right processes where they are needed.
- You will spend significant time with our customers understanding their business objectives and delivering products that align with those objectives
- The team will look to draw on your experience when things get tough and you often handle the difficult client conversations allowing the team to continue delivering without undue pressure
- You recognize that building your relationship with a customer is absolutely key to enable you to perform in your role.
- You'll be drawing on all of your passion for technology, hands-on experience and knowledge of the latest Big Data and Engineering best practices to help you gain the respect and credibility of those around you
Things to note –
- You will have to travel to customer offices in India and the US
- You have hands-on experience with the right technologies needed to be successful in this role – Apache Spark, Kafka, Hadoop, Kubernetes, R, Python, etc.
You will also spend a good amount of time with our engineering team based in Indore
How to Apply?
Send us a note on email@example.com with your latest resume.
About The Modern Data Company
Founded in 2018, The Modern Data Company began with the realization that enterprise-wide data access has been siloed. Data engineers and database administrators have been the longstanding data gatekeepers who funneled data to analysts and data scientists. We aim to change that by freeing enterprises to make better data-driven decisions by democratizing access to data. When all employees, irrespective of their technical skills or background, can easily explore and analyze enterprise data, then both productivity and market expansion are realized at a faster pace.
Modern Data is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.